To celebrate Spring Summer fashion, Indooroopilly Shopping Centre have released a brilliant new style guide for the season ahead that is full of inspiration for your wardrobe, lifestyle and home. We got a sneak peek of the ‘Chase the Sun’ magazine last week and we just had to tell you all about it. It’s free, filled with beautiful imagery and the most sought-after pieces for the season. Seek inspiration from ‘Fashion’s Front Line’ and swoon over the ‘The Best of Summer.’It’s the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee, some serious couch time or a little R&R. Of course, we could just tell you to pick up a copy next time you are shopping up a storm at Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, but what’s the fun in that! Here are 11 things we love about the magazine…
1. Summer Hues & Texture – Pastel colour palettes are back in vogue, this year accompanied by standout summer tones like citrus, tangerine, deep green and plum. Go bold and wear colour from head to toe, or for a subtle splash, add a coloured scarf, necklace or handbag to your monochrome uniform. Spring summer is also the time to experiment with textures so get creative and incorporate a statement texture to your look – lace, suede, laser cut-outs, fringing, billowing fabric, sheer, tassels, embellishments, denim or leather.
2. Crisp White – We love how Indooroopilly Shopping Centre are in full support of the crisp white trend for SS15. The campaign images include a number of structured pieces, such as the Manning Cartell sleeveless vest worn in the cover shot, that should inspire your new purchases this season if you’re looking to adopt a less is more theme. The great thing about white is it goes with everything, and you can dress it up or down for any occasion, so invest in a couple of statement styles such as a button up shirt, a sleeveless vest and/or tailored shorts.
3. Menswear On Point – ‘Chase the Sun’ includes a whole section of men’s style inspiration for the season ahead. Like us ladies, men are encouraged to adopt colour and print this season, with everything from stripes, floral and geometric patterns making an appearance. Finish the look with leather accessories and he’s mastered the art of casual cool with flying colours.
4. The Chase the Sun Images – Shot in the gorgeous sand dunes of Moreton Island, the campaign images for ‘Chase the Sun’ are what summer dreams are made of. The eye-catching series is the perfect spring muse for summer getaways and balmy nights ahead, so add them to your mood board (or pin them to Pinterest if you’re a social media guru) for stylish inspiration that oozes sophistication.
5. Nautical Theme – It would be a fashion crime for stripes to go out of style, so every year the leading trendsetters rework the classic print to give it a fresh update. This spring summer, wear your stripes with nautical inspired pieces for the perfect holiday look, or dress them up with navy, white and red for the office.
6. New Season Zimmermann – We have to admit, we have a slight obsession with Zimmermann, and the new season collection is no exception. Floating silhouettes and Zimmermann’s classic sheer finish make bohemian chic look effortless. You’ll also find jacquard, metallic embellishments and a bold colour palette if you’re spending summer in Zimmermann.
7. Home Is Where The Heart Is – Interior stylist Tahn Scoon has teamed up with Indooroopilly Shopping Centre to give readers the low-down on how to achieve the latest interior trend – Hamptons-style. A timber and white interior combination is all the rage, with pops of baby blue and teal to combine style and heart. Our number one tip for the Queensland-Hamptons fusion – let natural light flood your home and take advantage of our enviable weather.
8. Beauty Tips – As we move into spring and then summer, adopt a more playful makeup look and experiment with different techniques. ‘Chase the Sun’ has some great beauty and makeup tips for the coming season to help you update your beauty routine and make like the It-Girls when it comes to statement makeup. So what’s trending right now? Blunt crops with loads of attitude, bright lips paired with a natural makeup look, braided hairstyles, dewy skin and bold flicks of eyeliner, just to name a few.
9. The Bucket Bag – In the market for a new handbag but not sure what style to get? Say hello to the humble bucket bag – the It style of SS15. It’s casual chic inspired by the 70’s and is the perfect everyday shape as it fits all of your weekday essentials and is so easy to sling over your shoulder or use as a chic backpack for model-off-duty weekend vibes.
10. Denim For Days – We love denim just like the next girl, so we were glad to see Indooroopilly Shopping Centre have included their favourite denim styles of the season in ‘Chase the Sun.’ To update your denim collection, anything blue denim, chambray or acid washed and ripped to perfection will be a staple this season. Stick to light and breezy styles for Brisbane’s humidity so you can wear your denim all summer long.
11. Food – When it comes to food, Indooroopilly Shopping Centre doesn’t take gastronomic highlights lightly; in fact, they’re scattered around the precinct and this style guide is no different. Guest curated by Food Celebrity Alana Lowes, the foodie section of the seasonal guide includes two recipes for the perfect spring feast – Sticky Smoke Spicy Pork Ribs with Apple Slaw and a Mango and Yoghurt Cake with Labne Icing. There’s also a guide to the best of Station Road Dining featuring Nantucket Kitchen & Bar, Corbett & Claude, Ole Fuego, Harajuku Gyoza and Pig’s Ear Wine & Grill.
If you haven’t noticed already, ‘Chase the Sun’ by Indooroopilly Shopping Centre is packed with information, trends and tips for the new season, and we just can’t get enough! It’s hard to pick a favourite but we’d have to say the Fashion’s Front Line section – motivations and inspirations straight from fashion’s insiders and designers – is our absolute favourite, If you find yourself in the centre for some much deserved retail therapy, do pick up a copy or bookmark the digital version as your online resource for the season!
‘Chase the Sun’ is a free magazine available throughout Indooroopilly Shopping Centre and at www.indooroopillyshopping.com.au from today. This post was written in collaboration with Indooroopilly Shopping Centre.