If you want a taste of glamour and unrivalled luxury keeps your eyes peeled for Paspaley Polo in the City. The women who attend are impeccably dressed and the men ooze with charm and sophistication! Did we mention the stream of celebs getting in on the action?
Veuve Clicquot kicks off their summer season adding a dash of international glamour to the highly anticipated Paspaley Polo in the City which returns to Doomben Racecourse on Saturday 12 November, 2011. Veuve Clicquot is the official champagne partner for the Paspaley Polo in the City series as it rolls out around Australia throughout November and December.
Veuve Clicquot as a national team sponsor will welcome the Argentinean polo player Baron Jakob Von Plessen, who is set to lead the field in Brisbane. His unparalleled horsemanship, audacious manner and movie-star good looks make him a sure highlight of the Paspaley Polo in the City series. Glen Gilmore, Australian Polo Team Captain will also be supporting the charge for the Veuve Clicquot team.
However, let’s get back to the fashion! We caught up with Kate O’Shea from Paspaley to find out what we can expect from Saturday’s event and her top 5 fashion tips for the event!
1) The uniquely heady mixture of handsome polo players, beautiful ponies and the ultra relaxed atmosphere make for the perfect conditions to leave your black at home and step out onto the polo field in gorgeously bright colours. White or cream tones, bold prints and stripes are also hugely popular.
2) When dressing for the polo think chic garden party attire. Floaty sundresses, maxi dresses or chic tailored white pant suits are guaranteed to keep you comfortable and cool along side the playing field.
Gentlemen will look and feel at home amongst the polo players in casual cotton trousers or chinos, linen or light cotton shirts paired with soft leather loafers. As with the ladies, light fabrics and colours are best. Step away from your denim jeans, ties, trainers and thongs.
3) When attending the polo ladies need to remember that they will be spending the day on the grass so it’s best to leave your stilettos at home and instead opt for some glamorous flat sandals. If like me, you’d like to keep the extra height then wear a wedge shoe. This way you won’t spend the day sinking into the ground. As your toes will be on show a perfect pedicure is a must.
4) Unlike the races a head piece is not necessary so hats should only be worn for sun protection. Instead wear an ultra glamorous pair of sunglasses.
5) Accessories at the polo are elegant and understated. Glittered bling should be avoided. Pearl cufflinks for men or stunning pearl jewellery for the ladies will add the perfect touch to your polo outfit. Pearls and polo.. all we need is a glass of Veuve Clicquot now!
I think I just found my new favourite spectator sport!
Here is a glimpse of last years most notable….
Daimon Downey and Georgia Gorman