Do you spend endless hours each morning trying to tame your unruly locks? Do you battle with your hair straightener only to end up looking like an extra out of Hairspray? We caught up with Blow Salon style expert Valentin to chat all things hair trends, picked his brain for tips to help us (and you!) maximise your sleep in and cut your hair freak outs in half. Here’s the hair trends to covet right now.
For an easy look that will take you from day to night try a simple straight style. Pair a chic shoulder length cut with sleek straightened locks for effortless glamour.
1. Shampoo and condition your hair then towel dry and comb through a leave-in conditioner.
2. Divide your hair into 4 sections – back of the head, two sides and a horseshoe shaped section on the top of the head, starting from the forehead to the crown.
3. Blow dry as normal, blowing the top section forward without a part for more natural, voluptuous look.
4. When the hair is completely dry take your straightener, set to 150 degrees and run it through the mid-lengths to the ends. Work through each section of hair, slightly twisting the straightener towards your face for a more natural look. Do not straighten the root area as that will deflate your volume.
5. Follow the same pattern with the top section, straightening your hair forward, and twisting it slightly under. When finished, brush out with your fingers and finish off with dry shampoo through the lengths for extra texture.
Va Va Voom
Take your hair to the next level with an injection of high class volume. Pump up your curls for a wild girl mane or just add product for a more refined look.
1. Shampoo and condition your hair and towel dry, but do not rub the towel into the hair as it will add extra frizz to it. Blot the moisture out of the hair by pressing the towel down to your scalp.
2. If you have natural curl in your hair use EVO liquid rollers curl balm. If you’re lacking natural curls, EVO Salty Dog Cocktail Beach Spray would be a better option.
3. Apply the product throughout your hair and divide hair into sections. Use more product for tighter curls or focus on a couple of big sections for a looser look.
4. Go through each section and start twisting your hair around your finger. For a messier look twist every curl in a different direction. For a wavy look do curls in all the same direction.
5. Let it dry naturally and then put your head upside down, shake off and slightly brush with your fingers.
Sleek & Sassy
Searching for the perfect office style? This modern take on the humble ponytail will skyrocket your style points. This look is perfect for the fashionista on the go.
1. Shampoo and condition your hair, then using a comb, blow dry your hair back so it is as flat as possible, smoothing out the lengths. Make sure your part is very clean whether it is a middle part, or a deep side part.
2. Divide the hair into three sections – back, and two sides around the part and pull the back section into a very low ponytail at the nape of your neck.
3. Take the first side section and wrap it around the ponytail. Secure with a bobby pin. Repeat the same actions with the second section. To finish, smooth with product.
Need some more hair-spiration? Check out @blowsalonbrisbane on Instagram and, if you think you’re hair is on point, tag #blowsalonbrisbane and #BTinsidertip so we can get some inspo from you!