Guest by Cassandra Symons
After what has seemed like the longest and hottest summer in living memory… I was thrilled to attend the Autumn Winter 17 Fashion Launch at Westfield Carindale earlier this year. Hosted by Nadia Bartel with Annabel Falco and with Brooke Falvey I was excited to see the new season trends.
I’ve long admired Nadia Bartel and the success she has built for herself. I was even more impressed to hear her speak about being a mother, including how important a support system is, and how her life and style has changed. Upon meeting Nadia, I discovered she is incredibly warm and friendly. I believe this photo captures the moment we became best friends, bonding over daycare germs and how awesome sons are.
KEY LOOKS FROM THE SHOWCASE
*Colours of Autumn Winter: Think warm colours. Jade, mustard, plum – decadent and delicious.
* Feminine Florals and Lace: Feminine and oh so sophisticated. There is an explosion of florals at Westfield Carindale and it is all so fabulous.
TO GET THE LOOK
* Texture and colour go hand in hand, and add a point of difference to your outfit. Think pleats and velvet.
* Be open to trying a trend, but add your own personality to it.
* The statement dress is becoming as essential as the little black dress (hello, Asilio dress)
* A blazer and scarf are an excellent way to dress up any outfit
* A classic white shirt transcends seasons
I shopped my personal wardrobe for my #ootd. Embracing florals, I wore a long sleeved Temt dress. I added a current season trend with my mustard Lovisa earrings, an affordable way to update your look for only $19.99. Run, don’t walk. I finished off my look with suede wedges from Famous Footgear that were another bargain at $29.99.
Check @trycomecolour to see more of Cassandra’s styled and #OOTD for daily fashion inspiration.